Thursday, April 17, 2008

Indonesia Trip (9-16 April 2008)

Didn't blog for a while as I was out of town for a week. Paid a visit to my friend in Jakarta. I was pretty shock when I reach the international airport as it is pretty run down. But when I set out of the airport, Jakarta is like a heaven to me. The environment is so similar to Malaysia and the Malay language makes me feel like I am back home.....The first day was basically burn, but I manage to get a nice 1 hour Javanese massage which cost me S$10 only! haha!

On the second day, my friend drive me and Roy with his mother to Taman Mini. A cultural center which combine all Indonesian arts and cultural in the garden. Firstly, we went to the IMAX Theater to see the movie about dinosaur. The movie actually makes people question about life and how long human can live for the amount of pollution in this current era. Also, is dinosaur the ancestor of the birds now? Are human the evolution of monkey or we are just human from the beginning?
After IMAX, we went sightseeing at Taman Mini.

My friend Astani look so happy while climbing the stairs of Kalimantan Long House.....



After touring around Taman Mini. We went to Pondok Indah(the latest build shopping mall in Jakarta) to have lunch. We had Nasi Ayam Penyet, it is pretty delicious......


Sightseeing in Jakarta town....look there's art gallery in the pondok

While driving back home, Astani actually suggested that Roy and I should go to Bali instead of staying in Jakarta for the whole week as Jakarta is basically a city and has limited attraction for us. We manage to get the airticket from the local travel agent and tomorrow we are going off to Bali! Look at the way Astani laugh as though he is the one who is going....haha