Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Busking & Singapore Da:ns Festival

Lately been really busy..... On Saturday morning I was still busy working on my client's Yahoo Advertising proposal.Also, Saturday and Sunday has not been productive.


On Saturday, me and Roy went to our spot and set up on 12noon, then wait till 5pm as it was raining heavily. When the time you called, we were waiting in Mc Donalds for the rain to stop. Finally we only manage to busk for 10 minutes then the rain comes then we have to pack up and leave on 6something.


Yesterday, it was raining heavily too, and we manage to work in total 2 hours plus. Consider better than Saturday. Anyway, yesterday was a quite special day as while we were waiting in Mc Donalds for the rain to stop, we met a couple from Switzerland who cycled (in their 2 in 1 huge bicycle)from their country to China, Indo China, Msia till S'pore. Amazing right?!? She gave me her name card and some contact of a website where backpackers can travel around the world and stay at local people's place who are members of the website. Like this time, they are going to settle down in one of their Singaporean girl who previously stayed in their place during her visit in Switzerland!

Check out their website:

www.pedalen.ch

The free logging website:
http://www.hospitalityclub.org/
http://www.couchsurfing.com/

Also, starting from October 11- 21 is the Singapore Da:ns (Dance) Festival.
I was so busy attending those shows and workshop as you know I
am a dance-aholic!

Oct 11 - Latin Fever
I went for a Salsa and Alfa Cuban Rumba workshop hold by a local dance group and it was fantastic!
Been a long time I didn't dance salsa, I can still recall when I was in Shanghai I used to go for salsa party almost every week as I have a huge gang of Spanish and South American friends. Feel like those times are coming back to me....but my friends are not around me anymore....
Anyway, the chef dancer is gorgeous! She was so sexy and pretty and she is amazing with her salsa steps...

Oct 12 - Swing Along
Swing dance workshop. To be frank, I don't really like it as I feel the steps are abit weird.
This dance piece is even older than Jazz which is around the past century la.....

Oct 13 - Arabian Night
I miss the previous 2 and only manage to go for the last dance session. As it was Roy's nephew's birthday, so I have to go over for the party.
Anyway, I was so shock when I reach Esplanade (The Art Center). There are alot of Branglas as it is the Hari Raya Holiday for them. And all of them were sitting so near to the stage and look at all those pretty belly dancer doing the dance piece!
I was left behind as they almost occupied the whole space.
I really love Arabian dance and belly dancing. It is very sensual and sexy and I feel like taking the dance course hold by some local dance school. Honey, should I go for it? But I have a big stomach and belly, it will affect the dance le

Oct 14 - Hip Hop Jam
As me and Roy were talking with those Switzerland Backpackers so we busk till pretty late. Roy join me for the Hip Hop, we only manage to go for the last session. Guess what, both of us sweat like water!
Those poly students are so energetic! I have to admit I am old already!
Anyway, the hip hop dance really make my body warm up and more flexible as their steps and beats are really fast and accurate.

Besides for all these workshops, next week Roy and I are going for 3 dance pieces which is Flamenco dance by COMPANIA MARIA PAGES from Spain (Oct 17), Contemporary dance by BATSHEVA DANCE COMPANY from Israel (Oct 20) and Cultural Dance by ISTANBUL HISTORICAL MUSIC AND MOVEMENT ASSEMBLES from Turkey.

All the ticket costs S$42 each! Damn Expensive! Have to work harder le........

Written on Monday, October 15, 2007

No comments: