Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kota Tinggi Rainforest Resort (2 to 4 Nov 2007)




Pre-Trip
Dear guess what, todayI am not going into my office. I am now in the Mc Donalds near my housepreparing a proposal for my client.

Later on around 2pm I will be goingover to Johore and get the night bus ticket back to Ipoh on Nov 23.Then Roy and I will hang out around City Square and wait for the Coachto Kota Rainforest Resort around 8pm.
This outing(Summer School) isactually host by the Bahai Community in Malaysia and they invite theSingapore counterpart to take part in this. So, I just hope things willbe doing well for this Summer School.

Shall post of information and photos when I am back.

Post-Trip
Finally I am back in Singapore around 8pm. Went dinner with Roy at the coffee shop below our flat and went home to unpack my stuff and luandry. After everything is done, watched "American Got Talent" shows and go to bed around 1am. Was so tired this morning and really feel like staying back home but have no choice and went to work due to job obligations. Monday Bluezzzz~~~~

As I'd promised, I here post some pictures of my trip in Kota Tinggi. To be frank, the Bahai Summer School is pretty boring. I was expecting a holiday but ended up we have to go through an intensive bahai workshop. There are Bahai from all over the world attending this session: Sg, Msia, Vietnam, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Australia and Iran. My room mate is from Vietnam and Iran. This is the first time I get to know so much of Iran and Middle East culture as I was pretty close with the Iranian! I really want to visit the beautiful country one day!

The first day, I went for the workshop in the morning, then afternoon I really couldn't take it anymore. Roy and I sneak out and went to the water fall. We rent 2 bikes from the resort and cycled there. The water fall was awesome and itz packed with tourist...mainly from Sg and foreigners. I really had a good time there playing with the water and enjoying the freezy and cooling water cum freeze....syok Anyway, I hurt my feet and was fleeding as the stone that I walked in the water was too slippery.

Roy and I spent 3 hours there and we almost forget that we have performance that night. When we r back in the resort, we quickly wash up, take dinner then went to the functional room for rehearsal. Then on 8pm the meetings starts with a talk from a lady from Switzerland. Then the talent show starts. Our performance was the last one. When the emcee announced that it's our show, we started with 1 solo mime piece from Roy and the second contemporary dance duet piece. As this is the first time me and Roy conduct a dance presentation, the chemistery is still moderate and I off balance a few time while doing some ballet postures. Anyway the audience are basically laid people and they don't really trace out the faulty part.

After the show, Roy and I get a huge applause from the audience and most of them approach us and state that it was a good show. We also feel that the combination of our work is fantastic and awesome and Roy and I plan to do something similar for our commercial and theater work down the road..... Anyway, I didn't have a chance to ask ppl to take photo or video of our performance, so I can only share it with u by words.

On the second day, I became pretty "obedient" and attended all the workshop and prayers till the farewell session. I was very touched with the Bahai prayer, the songs and words are so charming! Also I am very touched with the quote of Bahaula "Unity of All Man Kind". Feel like pioneering, teaching and sharing the story with other ppl. Anyway I'd manage to take some photos on the way to the bus before I leave the resort......

IMG_0450IMG_0455IMG_0456

IMG_0453IMG_0452IMG_0457 Mamia

Written on Friday, November 02, 2007

No comments: